Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Advised for Healthcare Personnel in VA, Non-VA Hospitals
Mon, 18 Jun 2018 13:08 GMT
- Welcome To The 'Hotel Influenza': You Can Get $3500 With One Catch
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 21:34 GMT
- 'Hotel Influenza' Will Pay You $3500 to Come Get the Flu
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:12 GMT
- Hvivo's influenza treatment shows positive result
Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:38 GMT
- Influenza outbreak under control now
Mon, 18 Jun 2018 00:54 GMT
- Why Novavax Sees a Huge Opportunity in Its Influenza Vaccine
Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:22 GMT
- Hotel Influenza is paying $3500 for staying and getting infected
Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:16 GMT
- In a first, WHO recommends quadrivalent influenza vaccine
Sat, 16 Jun 2018 10:27 GMT
- False-Negative Test Results Put Severe Influenza Patients at Serious Risk
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:53 GMT
- Dogs can be a potential risk for future influenza pandemic
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 15:09 GMT
- Influenza vaccine worked better than expected last year
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:00 GMT
- SLU offering $3500 for stay at 'Hotel Influenza'
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 22:00 GMT
- Your dog could be a victim of the next influenza pandemic
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 16:06 GMT
- University Offers $3500 To Get Sick And Stay At 'Hotel Influenza'
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 17:05 GMT
- AAP influenza immunization recommendations revised for 2018-'19 season
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:26 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Avian influenza (80): Russia (KS) poultry, HPAI H5, OIE
Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:24:18 -0400
Avian Influenza -- Russia
Information received on [and dated] on 13 Jun 2018 from Dr Evgeny Nepoklonov, Vice-minister, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture, Moscow, Russia
Report type: immediate notification
Date of start of the event: 7 Jun 2018
Date of confirmation of the event: 9 Jun 2018
Reason for notification: recurrence of a listed disease
Date of previous occurrence: 13 Mar 2018
Causal agent: highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
Nature of diagnosis: clinical,
Unfortunately the page you were looking for could not be found.
To continue, please use the site navigation menu, or click the back button in your browser to return to the previous page.
You can also use the Site Map or the search box in the top right position of this page.