Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 17:07 GMT
- Boy, 10, dies days after being diagnosed with flu, pneumonia and sepsis during school hockey trip to New York - Daily Mail
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:53 GMT
- CDC: Flu Epidemic Apparently Peaking, Likely to Continue - U.S. News & World Report
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:45 GMT
- NHS urge cold and flu sufferers to stop visiting loved ones in hospital as cases of virus soar - Scottish Daily Record
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:27 GMT
- Flu epidemic spreads across US and it's getting worse - AL.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:18 GMT
- Child dies from flu - was in Buffalo for tournament - WKBW-TV
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:15 GMT
- 10-Year-Old New Canaan Boy Who Died Suddenly Had Flu: Coroner - NBC Connecticut
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:03 GMT
- Flu, Other Illnesses on the Rise in NY - My Twin Tiers.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:00 GMT
- Jersey warned about UK outbreak of Avian Flu - ITV News
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:48 GMT
- Flu Suspected In Death Of 10-Year-Old Connecticut Boy - CBS New York
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:45 GMT
- CT hockey player's death was flu-related - WFSB
Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:44 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Avian influenza, human (61): CHINA, H7N9
Avian Influenza H7N9 -- China
According to the HFPC of Yunnan province on [28 Jun 2017], during the enhanced influenza and unknown pneumonia surveillance, 4 human H7N9 cases were reported by local CDC and reconfirmed by national CDC. All 4 cases were reported in Wenshan city, and these were the first report of local human H7N9 AIV case in Yunnan since 2017. One patient recovered and had been discharged from hospital, while other 3 patients (in stable condition) remained in designated hospital for treatment and quarantine.
Unfortunately the page you were looking for could not be found.
To continue, please use the site navigation menu, or click the back button in your browser to return to the previous page.
You can also use the Site Map or the search box in the top right position of this page.