Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- Phase 1 Clinical Trial Assesses Nasal Influenza Vaccine in Pediatric Populations
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:53 GMT
- Could “Nudging” PCPs Improve Influenza Vaccine Uptake?—Public Health Watch
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:30 GMT
- Researchers discover influenza virus doesn't replicate equally in all cells
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:54 GMT
- Inovio Develops Novel H3N2 Influenza DNA Vaccine That Generates Cross-Reactive Responses and Provides ...
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 16:20 GMT
- Why pandemic influenza is so deadly – revealed
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:04 GMT
- Pros and Cons of Canine Influenza Vaccination
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:23 GMT
- Influenza vaccines in OTC
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:33 GMT
- Potential Single Dose Influenza Treatment, With Caveats
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:10 GMT
- 'Significant breakthrough' in understanding the deadly nature of pandemic influenza
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:02 GMT
- Why pandemic influenza is so much more deadly than seasonal flu
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 05:00 GMT
- Workshop and simulation exercises to update national pandemic influenza plan
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:31 GMT
- Novel H3N2 Influenza DNA Vaccine Candidate Progresses in Mice Study
Mon, 17 Sep 2018 14:26 GMT
- EpiCore RFIs: Influenza on Emirates Flight 203
Fri, 14 Sep 2018 19:05 GMT
- CDC Releases Guidance for 2018-19 Influenza Season
Thu, 6 Sep 2018 22:32 GMT
- UK Implements Use of Adjuvanted Trivalent Influenza Vaccine for Adults Over 65
Thu, 13 Sep 2018 18:02 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Avian influenza (96): USA (CA) poultry, LPAI H7N3, OIE
Fri, 14 Sep 2018 21:48:12 -0400
Avian Influenza -- United States
Information received on [and dated] 12 Sep 2018 from Dr John Clifford, official delegate, chief trade advisor, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, US Department of Agriculture, Washington, USA
Report type: immediate notification
Date of start of the event: 6 Sep 2018
Date of confirmation of the event: 8 Sep 2018
Reason for notification: recurrence of a listed disease
Date of previous occurrence: 30 Apr 2018
Manifestation of disease: sub-clinical infection
Unfortunately the page you were looking for could not be found.
To continue, please use the site navigation menu, or click the back button in your browser to return to the previous page.
You can also use the Site Map or the search box in the top right position of this page.