Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- Vaccines may struggle as new flu strains emerge - Irish Times
Mon, 23 Oct 2017 00:00 GMT
- NHS braced for 'incredibly challenging' winter in Nottinghamshire if deadly Australian flu hits the UK - Gears Of Biz
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 23:30 GMT
- Alberta flu vaccines will be offered up beginning Monday - MetroNews Canada
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 23:03 GMT
- 'Tis the season; AHS's influenza immunization program arrives - CTV News
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 22:41 GMT
- AHS influenza immunization program begins Monday - Alberta Daily Herald Tribune
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 21:56 GMT
- Veterans Journal: Providence VA schedules flu clinics and town hall meeting - The Providence Journal
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 21:55 GMT
- Healthier You Expo flu shot clinic proves popular - Prince George Citizen
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 21:37 GMT
- Flu death reported in Yolo County, 1st reported in a person under the age of 65 this season in California - Outbreak News Today
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 21:34 GMT
- Non-locals lengthen list of swine flu cases - Times of India
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 18:32 GMT
- Avian Influenza Vaccines Market – Find out the Secret Factors behind Growth and Future Forecast with growing CAGR - satPRnews (press release)
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 18:04 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Avian influenza, human (61): CHINA, H7N9
Avian Influenza H7N9 -- China
According to the HFPC of Yunnan province on [28 Jun 2017], during the enhanced influenza and unknown pneumonia surveillance, 4 human H7N9 cases were reported by local CDC and reconfirmed by national CDC. All 4 cases were reported in Wenshan city, and these were the first report of local human H7N9 AIV case in Yunnan since 2017. One patient recovered and had been discharged from hospital, while other 3 patients (in stable condition) remained in designated hospital for treatment and quarantine.
Unfortunately the page you were looking for could not be found.
To continue, please use the site navigation menu, or click the back button in your browser to return to the previous page.
You can also use the Site Map or the search box in the top right position of this page.