Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 14:07 GMT
- Colorado State-based researchers push closer to universal flu vaccine - The Coloradoan
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:53 GMT
- Data gathering can't prevent a new influenza pandemic - Medical Xpress
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:52 GMT
- More Bad Flu News: It May Raise Your Heart Attack Risk - U.S. News & World Report
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:44 GMT
- Flu cases declining but still as dangerous, doctors say - WISH-TV
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:20 GMT
- A mobile app experiment has suggested the next UK flu pandemic could kill 886000 people - Verdict
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:17 GMT
- Newer Rapid Influenza Tests Better at Ruling In Influenza - Infectious Disease Advisor
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:08 GMT
- Flu, pneumonia may raise heart attack and stroke risk - Business Standard
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:33 GMT
- Flu Can Increase Heart Attack, Stroke Risk, Study Claims - Medical Daily
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:20 GMT
- 5 myths about flu and the flu vaccine - Citizen
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:02 GMT
- As the Flu Season Ends, a Focus on Workplace Hygiene Should Not - http://totalsecuritydailyadvisor.blr.com/ (press release) (blog)
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 09:37 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Avian influenza, human (61): CHINA, H7N9
Avian Influenza H7N9 -- China
According to the HFPC of Yunnan province on [28 Jun 2017], during the enhanced influenza and unknown pneumonia surveillance, 4 human H7N9 cases were reported by local CDC and reconfirmed by national CDC. All 4 cases were reported in Wenshan city, and these were the first report of local human H7N9 AIV case in Yunnan since 2017. One patient recovered and had been discharged from hospital, while other 3 patients (in stable condition) remained in designated hospital for treatment and quarantine.
Unfortunately the page you were looking for could not be found.
To continue, please use the site navigation menu, or click the back button in your browser to return to the previous page.
You can also use the Site Map or the search box in the top right position of this page.