Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- PM urges at-risk groups to get free flu shot - Bangkok Post
Tue, 30 May 2017 08:08 GMT
- Flu vaccination campaign launched - The Nation
Tue, 30 May 2017 07:56 GMT
- French duck farmers shake the flu, new foie gras on the way - RFI
Tue, 30 May 2017 07:55 GMT
- Last Word: Halfway Point, The Cancer-Influenza Connection and Wade Baldwin's Way - Memphis Daily News
Tue, 30 May 2017 01:10 GMT
- 3 die from swine flu, 5 more test positive in Rajasthan | Jaipur NYOOOZ - NYOOOZ
Tue, 30 May 2017 01:07 GMT
- CHP investigates case of severe paediatric influenza A infection - MilTech
Tue, 30 May 2017 00:44 GMT
- St. Jude Scientists Find New Way to Fight Flu - Memphis Daily News
Tue, 30 May 2017 00:08 GMT
- Brown misses practice with flu; Kerr's status 'up in the air' - SFGate
Mon, 29 May 2017 21:00 GMT
- What is swine flu, ask neighbours of first victim - NYOOOZ
Mon, 29 May 2017 19:49 GMT
- Swine flu confirmed a wk after man's death - NYOOOZ
Mon, 29 May 2017 19:49 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Canine influenza - USA (02): (FL)
Canine Influenza -- United States
Veterinarians across Central Florida are warning dog owners to get their pets vaccinated because of a spike in influenza.
The dog flu spreads quickly and veterinarians told Channel 9's Jeff Deal that if owners go to someplace like a dog kennel or dog park, they recommend the vaccine.
[AJ] takes her 8-month-old dog, to the dog park every day. "She's got a whole crew she likes to hang with," AJ said. She said the dogs share everything, but she hopes the flu isn't one of them. "I'd never