Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
- Nu-Med Plus Draws Global Attention as MERS, SARS and Bird Flu Threats ... - CNNMoney
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 12:20:
- Toward A Universal Flu Vaccine - Science 2.0
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:21:
- Ansun BioPharma Publishes Effects of FluDase™ on Drug Resistant Flu - PR Newswire (press release)
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:02:
- Possible case of dog flu closes Clayton County shelter - WXIA-TV
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 08:47:
- Flu vaccine tweaks aim at more protection - McKnight's Long Term Care News
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 06:44:
- Parliament calls for urgent steps to contain Avian flu - Citifmonline
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 06:05:
- Is Medibank Private Ltd. a victim of the Grecian flu? - Motley Fool Australia
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 05:58:
- Feels like flu? It could be dust from resurfacing road works, say residents - Bristol Post
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 05:12:
- Wayne Chicken Show immune to bird flu concerns - Sioux City Journal
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 03:56:
- Iowa Department of Agriculture officials say bird flu disposal completed - KTIV
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 00:47:
- PRO/EDR> Influenza (37): Europe update, seasonal
Sun, 05 Jul 2015 22:52:08
Influenza -- Europe
This is the 1st monthly summer bulletin after weekly reporting ended in week 20/2015.
All countries reported low intensity of influenza activity over the period covered by this report, with sporadic influenza virus detections across the region.
The percentage of sentinel samples testing positive for influenza was low (2 percent), which is normal for this time of the year.
(Weekly bulletins for the 2015-2016 influenza season will start for week 40/2015.)